Re: GIO API review

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:48 +0100, Michael Natterer wrote:
> We stronlgy suggest to use a common g_io/GIO prefix for all
> functions/types in GIO.
>
> GAsnc*        -> GIOAsync*
> G*Stream      -> GIOStream*
> GIcon         -> GIOIcon
> G*Icon        -> GIOIcon*
> GCancellable  -> GIOCancellable

I strongly agree with Mitch here. Having a common prefix would help a
lot to keep the GLib API structured.

> Also, subclasses should probably append their name, not prepend it:
>
> GFilterOutputStream -> GIOOutputStreamFilter
> GUnixOutputStream   -> GIOOutputStreamUnix

Yes please. This is perhaps not close to the human language, but we are
talking about an API here. I really like to see all output stream
classes listed together and this naming convention achieves this
automatically.

Sven