Re: Name of the utility library (Was: GIO API review)

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 12:34 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 13.12.2007, 12:17 +0100 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
> > If we add things like GSettings to libgio (to avoid adding yet
> > more .so's) then things look even more weird. GIOSettings?
>
> Off-topic, but random though since we couldn't find a name of the
> utility .so between libgobject and libgtk yet.
>
> What's about "libgcore.so"?

I think the current plan is that the symbols would be in libgio.so, but
then we can make the actual "modules" be separate, with their own .pc
file and headers in a separate subdir.

I'm not sure I like this, as I don't quite see the point of fragmenting
the headers etc like that, but it does make the name of the .so an
academic issue, as it hides it behind the .pc file names which is what
developers see.