Changing gtk-alternative-button-order on win32

I've been trying to set the order of buttons in a dialog to the Unix default while running on Win32, and I think I might be running into a bug. I put the line

  gtk-alternative-button-order = 0

in my gtkrc file, but my button order doesn't change. I've tried changing the value in gdkproperty-win32.c from TRUE to FALSE, and that works, but the value from the rc file seems to get ignored.

Is this a bug, or am I just failing to understand it?

--
Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ