Re: GLib and 64-bit Windows

 > I think I have made some progress...  at least the following libraries=20
 > have been built:

 > build/win32/dirent/dirent.lib
 > glib/gnulib/gnulib.lib

(These are just auxiliary libraries that are linked in the glib DLL.)

 > glib/glib-2.0.lib
 > gmodule/gmodule-2.0.lib
 > gobject/gobject-2.0.lib
 > gthread/gthread-2.0.lib

Hopefully these are just import libraries, and you got DLLs, too?

BTW, did you build the external libraries GLib depends on,
gettext-runtime (usually with an import library called "intl.lib") and
libiconv ("iconv.lib"), too, or did you find them somewhere prebuilt
for Win64?

 > glib/glib-2.12s.lib
 > object/gobject-2.12s.lib

These are static libraries. When building GLib for Win32 with gcc no
static libraries are produced, but the MSVC makefiles build such, too,
for some reason.

 > Is running each of the test executables in the tests directory and=20
 > getting a 0 exit code for each a reasonable sanity check that everything=20
 > compiled correctly and is working?

Good!

The tests don't necessarily test everything, but this does indeed
sound promising. Are you then going to proceed to build atk, Pango and
GTK+?

--tml