RE: GTK+ Love

Hi,

In what free time I have, I do experiments with Gtk+.
I tried adding a custom event for academic purpose only in the
gtk_widget.
To add the event handling for the additional event in the widget, I
followed the following steps. (Hope this might be of some help).

1) Add a function pointer in _Gtk<widget>Class that will be the signal
function in the .h file as --> "<return_type>
(*custom_event_signal)(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEvent *event);"
2) Add an enum value EVENT_TO_BE_HANDLED to the enum that contains the
signals to be handled, to provide the offset in <widget>_signals array
in .c file of the widget.
3) Add an entry in gtk_widget_class_init() to initialize the signal
"klass->custom_event_signal = (custom_function_pointer)".
4) For the offset enum in step 2 above, added in <widget>_signal array,
assign the signal as <widget>_signal[EVENT_TO_BE_HANDLED] = g_signal_new
( <with appropriate parameters> ).
5) custom_function_pointer implements the functionality (Like emiting
some events, updating the internal data structures of the widgets. Etc.)
that one wants to accomplish for the events.

Is this something near to what you are attempting to achieve?

Best regards,
Nitin Sharma