Re: How to reduce the size of Gtk lib.

If you're talking about plain disk occupation, here is disk occupation for gtkdfb

attilio liberta2:~/gtkdfb1.0/lib$ ll *.so.*.*.* | awk '{print $5"\t"$8}'
430132  libcairo.so.2.10.3
69356   libdirect-1.0.so.0.0.0
399684  libdirectfb-1.0.so.0.0.0
62680   libfusion-1.0.so.0.0.0
449972  libgdk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1100.0
89388   libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.1100.0
628964  libglib-2.0.so.0.1300.0
10288   libgmodule-2.0.so.0.1300.0
242316  libgobject-2.0.so.0.1300.0
14696   libgthread-2.0.so.0.1300.0
3675756 libgtk-directfb-2.0.so.0.1100.0
243264  libpango-1.0.so.0.1503.0
31348   libpangocairo-1.0.so.0.1503.0
176328  libpangoft2-1.0.so.0.1503.0
96496   libsawman-0.1.so.0.0.0

attilio liberta2:~/gtkdfb1.0/lib$ ll *.so.*.*.* | awk 'BEGIN{TOT=0}{TOT=TOT+$5}END{print TOT}'
6620668

i think you should be able to fit a well packaged standard gtk distribution (including libpng, freetype, fontconfig..) in ~10 MB easily

regards

Attilio

Prasanna Kumar K wrote:
Hi All,

I want to run an application written in Java(PP 1.0).
PP 1.0 can be built over GTK, but in my case because of Hardware memory
constraint I have to
reduce the size of GTK-lib's.

What is the size of GTK-lib (I guess it is above 50MB..)
I want it to come down to atleast 10MB..

Any Idea about the size reduction..

what I was thinking is by removing most of .c files from the folders we can
get a small GTK lib, which may not support all the features. Right now I'm
not concerned about the features, I just want to build GTK of less size...

<<Please correct me if I'm wrong about the size of GTK lib or if I'm posted
anything that is not at all logical>>

Regards,
Prasanna.