Re: GTK+ Love

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:04:19PM -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 08:49 -0500, Xan Lopez wrote:
> >
> > - The first one is to implement the well known gnome-love strategy
> > done by GNOME in gtk+. Basically we'd have a maintained list of "easy"
> > gtk+ bugs suitable for starting hackers to get involved into the
> > project.
>
> What's wrong with just using the gnome-love keyword on them?

I have been helping Xan with the implementation of this idea. IMHO
there is nothing wrong with the use of that keyword, it is a good way
the core developers can mark the bugs as easy to contribute. But we
think is difficult people outside that group of developers could do
it by themselves because we are not sure they are really gnome-love
ones. That's why we are using the wiki, just if a core developer says
so we would mark any of these bugs as gnome-love, which will be really
helpful if this initiative is considered interesting at all.

Anyway, our idea is to try to check if this work is interesting and
if it can help the Gtk+ maintainers, therefore any suggestion is
welcomed, if using that keyword is more helpful we could do it :-).

Best regards.

--

Alejandro Garcia Castro
mailto: acastro igalia com