Re: Sudden Tango changes in trunk

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 20:00 +0100, Alex Jones wrote:
> > This wouldn't work too well. MS Windows just doesn't have much of an
> > icon "style" to begin with. Microsoft seem to rework their icons for
> > each new Windows release, causing a lot of visual disparity among all
> > the applications targeted towards the platform. In short, creating
> > special "MS-Windows" icon theme wouldn't do much good.
>
> Microsoft have pretty decent style guidelines for every release...
> better than GNOME's and Gtk's!

Where is this magical style guide of theirs, and why don't they follow
it themselves?  They have a long history of releasing products that
don't visually fit into the Windows environment:
  - Office 2000, XP, 2003
  - IE7
  - Visual Studio.NET, 2003, 2005
  - Windows Media Player 9, 10

I realize I'm getting way off the topic of icons here, but I think
stylistically GTK does a better job trying to fit into its environment
than most of Microsoft's software does already.

/ Cody