Re: RFC: GLib testing framework

On Nov 9, 2007, at 4:16 AM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

That is certainly another possibility. However a design goal of my code was to only expose one public symbol per simple type and let the rest of the public methods be implemented in macros wrapping these symbols. I am not sure that is viable with your above solution.

These symbols would appear in a library used only for unit testing, not user applications. I don't think having a full suite of symbols for test matches in a speacial-purpose library is a bad thing.

And, besides, all of g_assert_<type>_<op>() symbols will be preprocessor macros, so that they can interpolate __FILE__, __LINE__, and __func__, anyway. And i think you want to write at least some of them by hand in order to tweak the messages that they produce.

--
Doing a good job around here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit; you get a warm feeling, but no one notices.
  -- unknown