Re: [Bug?] GtkStatusIcon bad default size when used with GtkIconFactory

Le samedi 05 avril 2008 à 06:18 +0800, 洪任諭 wrote:
> This is quoted from gtk+ API doc.
> I think this weird behavior is related to your problem.
>
> gtk_icon_info_load_icon ()
>
> GdkPixbuf*          gtk_icon_info_load_icon             (GtkIconInfo *icon_info,
>                                                          GError **error);
>
> Renders an icon previously looked up in an icon theme using
> gtk_icon_theme_lookup_icon(); the size will be based on the size
> passed to gtk_icon_theme_lookup_icon(). Note that the resulting pixbuf
> may not be exactly this size; an icon theme may have icons that differ
> slightly from their nominal sizes, and in addition GTK+ will avoid
> scaling icons that it considers sufficiently close to the requested
> size or for which the source image would have to be scaled up too far.
> (This maintains sharpness.)
>
> gtk+ doestn't load images in the size you specified.
> This really bothersome in some cases.
Thanks for this interesting quotation. But I can't see how this may
affect my case. Here's my scheme:
- two icon sources: one SVG and one PNG-22x22
- a GtkStatusIcon that normally is set to 22x22

Why the hell would GTK+ draw the icon from SVG in 20x20, and then
consider this as better than 22x22?! Moreover, when the SVG is removed
and I set size_wilcarded to FALSE for the PNG, the GtkStatusIcon has no
icon at all, so this is not about scaling anything.

Cheers