Re: Print preview widget

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 11:14 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:

> I can write a program where both of these are correct:
>
>         Display to screen: App->Cairo->Screen
>         Print to PDF:      App->Cairo->PDF
>
> But the following is totally broken:
>
>         Print preview:     App->Cairo->PDF->Cairo->Screen
>
> And that's simply because there are bugs in poppler, which does the
> PDF->Cairo step, and poppler isn't actually involved in either the
> display-to-screen or print-to-pdf scenarios.

Sure.  But if you are printing to PDF and sending that PDF over to
someone, there's advantage in the preview showing what your friend will
be seeing when opening the PDF in evince...

All these said, not sure what GTK-printing actually generates.  If it's
PS, it may be hitting a completely different set of bugs...

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759