Re: Translucent Scrollbars

Well, isn't the whole point of scrollbars to be able to scroll to
stuff that's otherwise hidden (behind something else)? I don't see why
it would be a problem to show a piece of the content that would
otherwise be hidden at all. As long as scrolling to the sides
completely, makes the content fully exposed at the left/top of the
scroll bars.

In that case of the android example, I can see that it would be a
problem, but imagine a scroll view that has both horizontal and
vertical scrolling. Then it could work, and could indeed make for a
fancy theme.

But anyway, it will be really hard to implement it in the current gtk.
Maybe you could use the offscreen rendering, to render the part that
would otherwise be below the scrollbar, and then blend that into the
scroll bar in the theming code.