Re: glib gio win32 directory monitor

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 17:56 +0200, Vlad Grecescu wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I don't know if there's any interest / work in progress on this, but
> noticing that the new Gio implementation lacks a directory monitor for
> windows I wrote one (patch against 2.15.4 attached, should work on
> 2.15.5 too)

There is definately interest in this, and we want it in gio. However,
I'm not the right person to review this (not very good at win32). It
would be nice if e.g. tor could look at it.

> - it's a GModule, like the fam monitor. Thinking that inotify is
> compiled-in on linux, I think the same can be said for windows about
> ReadDirectoryWatcher

Fam is only a module because it pulls in extra library dependencies
which many apps don't want. inotify is built in because is just needs a
syscall, so having the code unused in the glib library does not affect
apps not wanting to use this.

What dll is ReadDirectoryWatcher in? My guess is that this is in some
core library and then it imho makes sense to have this class built in.