Re: GtkBuilder bug?

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 18:56 +1100, Andrew Cowie wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 22:20 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> > I don't believe that any data passed to a library should result in a
> > fatal warning, surely a GError return would be a far better option here.
>
> Isn't GError for conditions that can be reported to the *user*, and that
> said user can do something about?

In general, no I don't think that's a good rule. It's like an exception
in Java, not all of which would result in user interaction.

> I'm not really clear on what the user (not programmer) can do about
> unparsable UI implementation code.

Theoretically, it could tell the user "Your installation is broken and
the application must exit. Your data has been saved in a temporary
file." or suchlike.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com