Re: RFC: Re-Design GtkStyle to only pass cairo-context?

Hello Kalle and sorry for bothering you again,

> I've implemented a mockup of how this could go (attached):
Thanks a lot, I am not really familiar with GTK+ and glib (and its
coding style) so this definitivly is really a welcome help. Thanks :)

> gtkcairostyle.h:
> gtkcairostyle.c:
> GtkCairoStyle class to replace GtkStyle, doubles also as an
> implementation for a cairo-using "theme" (implementing the
> paint_slider method).
>
> gtkcairostyle-test.c:
> A test application that draws the slider graphics with either the
> default style object or with the aforementioned cairo style, also
> doubles as GTK+ by implementing the gtk_cairo_paint_slider() method.
> The upper half is drawn in cairo way if possible and in old style if
> not.  The lower half is drawn with the old API regardless of the style
> in use.
Well, ok. I first thouht this would be a bad idea (to if/else in
application code), but on the other side ... there isn't any reason to
use the new version if additional functionality provided by cairo
isn't needed, right?

> Looks to work fine, remember to CC me when you submit the patch to bugzilla ;)
Well it could take some time (its now exam-time at university) ... but
this is definitivly something I would like to work on. Thanks a lot
for all your help :)

> Or is there a bug open for this?
I am not sure, but I'll have a look and open one if it doesn't already exist.

Thanks a lot, lg Clemens