Question regarding GTK Input method module

Hi,

I am looking at adding a compose_sequence table for German language (
as we do for Cyrillic alphabets in imcyrillic-translit module). What
are the restrictions on the usage of GDK_ symbols to construct the
same ?

I tried using the GDK_Alt_R for getting the "real console keyboard
mapping" inside the GTK input module.
i.e, Alt_R + U = some other character.

 But somehow the modifiers are ignored in the key sequences. I tried
removing the GDK_Alt_R key from the ignore table, but still the key
combinations didn't work.

Also I tried using GDK_semicolon in the compose table, and that also
didn't work well :( .

I am wondering how do we do it for handling the Menu items etc. (
where we do Alt+E, to select the menu items.) I mean seperating the
Alt key + Other key symbols.

Any help/ pointer to a documentation would be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Suzuki