Re: GTK+ Website Review - Final Draft

Olav Vitters wrote:
On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 11:37:47PM +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
The final draft of the new GTK+ web site has been complete with help
from Andreas Nilsson and are now available here:

  http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/

The plan is to upload these pages on Tuesday sometime. If anyone has any
issues to take up before then, let me know.

Looks great. Tried to find very small things to note (nothing important):

Hi Olav!
Glad you like it!
http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/index.html
 * LGPL link is the v3 one

http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/features.html
 * no n810
Latest and greatest should totally be there. Perhaps we should only use the n810 there. Saying only the N-series would save us from fixing this every year when a new model comes out, but N-series is for their phones as well, right?
 * 'Partially Supported' image looks like a negative (not supported)
 * cross platform should include BSD etc as well
I used the ones that we use in Clearlooks. We have the " - "-character there.
Perhaps we could use a grayed out check or something.
http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/overview.html
 * perhaps mention LGPL version?
 * languages could link to languages overview page
 * community section talks about 2.10 while 2.12 is out
 * community has 'These people are listed below.', don't see them
 * community: have a link to the release announcement

http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/download-linux.html
 * outdated versions
 * really linux?
Linux is a really strong brand and probably what ISV's are looking for.
I think it would be a bit tricky if we start addressing all the UNIXes.
gnome.org says "GNOME offers an easy to understand desktop for your GNU/Linux or UNIX computer." "Linux and UNIX" could work. A voice in the back of my head (that sounds a bit like RMS voice :) ) say it should say GNU/Linux.

http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation.html
 * under API, perhaps s/Library/Component/ or something?
 * links to:
   http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation-old.html
   with a mention of gtk 1.2 docs. I'd assume to get API docs, but those
   aren't there.

http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/documentation-old.html
  * links to http://imendio.com/tutorial1.2/, which seems to be down or
    something.
Sorry, missed that when I went over it for broken links earlier today.
http://imendio.com/tutorial1.2/ is the wrong link. Any idea where I can find this documentation?
 * perhaps add 'language-bindings' ?

http://imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/draft-final/development.html
 * links to foundation-list gnome org for donation things, shouldn't
   that rather use some private email address? IIRC there is a
   better one. perhaps also mention that although it is the GNOME
   foundation, the money will be dedicated to GTK+ (there is such an
   arrangement right?)
What address is that?

Thanks for all the feedback!
- Andreas