Re: gtk.org page width

On 30/01/2008, Martyn Russell <martyn imendio com> wrote:
> Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> > Sorry, I noticed the discussion about new gtk.org design but didn't
> > follow it.  The only thing I don't like in new design is fixed to
> > 700px page width.  I think that goes against GTK+ friendliness to
> > different font size etc. :)  I'd like to see sth. like 70ex or
> > 40em whatever.
>
> This issue has been raised time and time again.
>
> It is a design decision and has been discussed in previous mailing
> threads. So it won't be changing.

Sorry to revive this again, but does anyone have a link to the
discussion of this? My google search is failing me.

It seems strange to me that GTK goes to a lot of trouble to support
accessibility (atk and friends), but then has a homepage which breaks
W3C accessibility guidelines. Other than this issue I really like the
redesign, congrats to all who worked on it.

John