Re: Astonishing allocation bug in glib-2.16.4 compiled with gcc 2.96

Kalle Vahlman wrote:
Well, it *is* mentioned in the docs, with explanations:

  http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-running.html

;)

Alas, I missed it. However, I guess mono developers read it. After googling mono-project.com for G_SLICE, I'd say that page didn't work ;-)

Also, since it apparently activates different code paths than normal
operation, I'm not sure if it makes sense using that in the test
suite...

I didn't mean glib's test suite. What I wanted to say is that any client program that has its own test suite should enable debug-blocks in it. The above page should explicitly encourage such practice, IMHO. Overlapping variables not always result in program crashes, it can be worse.