Re: About GTK+ 3.0 and deprecated things

Owen Taylor wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 11:20 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:51:03 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

Hi,

IMO, if you're still using GtkCTree and GtkCList, which were
deprecated when GTK+ 2.0 was released 6 years ago, you're asking for
trouble.
Well, they do work for us. When GTK+ 2.0 was released six years ago, we
were already too busy with the rest of the rewriting code-that-worked to
do it. Two years and nine days, exactly, between the first commit to
the GTK2 branch and the first GTK2 release after 497 commits. And we
never came to replace the GtkCtrees because a) they work and b) we
didn't have the time/motivation.

Hmm, strangely most code worked fine with GTK+ 2.0 with a recompile...
(e.g., I remember doing that for gftp, not a trivial app.)

Ditto, I remembered doing devhelp and helping out doing a couple of
dialogs in nautilus.

Hopefully we'll have refactoring tools ready for the 3.0 transition which makes the process roughly similar.

Johan