Re: About GTK+ 3.0 and deprecated things

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 11:20 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:51:03 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > IMO, if you're still using GtkCTree and GtkCList, which were
> > deprecated when GTK+ 2.0 was released 6 years ago, you're asking for
> > trouble.
>
> Well, they do work for us. When GTK+ 2.0 was released six years ago, we
> were already too busy with the rest of the rewriting code-that-worked to
> do it. Two years and nine days, exactly, between the first commit to
> the GTK2 branch and the first GTK2 release after 497 commits. And we
> never came to replace the GtkCtrees because a) they work and b) we
> didn't have the time/motivation.

Hmm, strangely most code worked fine with GTK+ 2.0 with a recompile...
(e.g., I remember doing that for gftp, not a trivial app.)

Porting to GtkCList and GtkCTree was was the main thing that took
significant work.

So, I'm not really sure what you were doing for 497 commits...

- Owen