Re: setting up a gtk dev environment

Am Sonntag, den 27.07.2008, 15:48 -0400 schrieb Patrick Hallinan:
> > I do not know why Werror would be enabled. If you cannot find the
> reason,
> > then when the compilation fails and you get the jhbuild options as to
> > what to do,
> > pick Option 4 which gives you a shell. Enter the guile directory and
> > fix up what you can.
> >

> I didn't really want to get involved in working on jhbuild if I didn't
> have to but if that's what everyone is using then I will.  Is this the
> preferred way to get a development setup for gtk+?  Are there other good
> options?

Well, fixing such a tiny thing in guile (probably by just dropping a
line of code or marking a parameter with the unused attribute) should
really be part of setting up your compilation environment.

Otherwise you'd have a much harder time figuring out how to set the
proper environment variables (and which ones, and to what values, etc.)

Maybe you can also add this to your jhbuildrc to skip building guile:
skip=['guile']

Regards,
  Sven