Re: canvases in 3.0 [was Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0]

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 16:37 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Don't get me wrong, I don't *expect* it to happen - I mean, it's
> > completely feasible if the right person worked on it, but there's no
> > guarantee the right person will show up, so we can't count on that.
> > And even if someone hacked on it, it would take a long time to get
> > done and merged.
>
> If you (and your team) are not working on it then we know that nobody
> is
> working on it, I guess. Thanks, that's actually useful information.
>
> Then there's also no need for extended-layout to block on
> gtk-with-scene-graph either.

I'm interested in working on it, but as Havoc said it would take a very
long time (with a qualified person, and I'm probably not the most
qualified person) ;)   But it's definitely an interest of mine, so if
other people were to try to get started I would definitely try to join.
I started writing some of the gpu rendering code that I hoped to use
towards this, but I haven't gotten to the actual scene graph part yet so
it's not very interesting yet.