Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23

> How is this different from any other deprecated function that got
> replaced by another one and will disappear in 3.0?

1. The number of uses of hbox and vbox is *huge*.  Working around it
with an #ifdef or two is not going to work well.  We're easily talking
hundreds of instances here for a single application.

2. For most other deprecations, there is a 2.x version against which
you can write code that ought to work also in 3.x.  It is not clear
that there will be for this case, let alone a generally deployed
version of 2.x

Morten