Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23

Hi,

Why not simply keep gtk_hbox_new and gtk_vbox_new?

I can see a number of reasons for doing so:

1) They are used all over the place
2) The cost of maintaining them are next to zero
3) They make sense on their own,
   gtk_hbox_new instead of gtk_box_new (HORIZONTAL, ...)

I think removing the classes but keep gtk_hbox_new/gtk_vbox_new that simply creates a GtkBox with the correct orientation is the right approach here.

Just my thoughts,
  Micke