Re: custom functions in introspection typelibs

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
>> I think the injection and the custom .so should be in gir-repository,
>> and that the custom .so should be per-typelib to avoid extra
>> dependencies. (i.e. the custom .so for GLib should not drag in GTK)
>
> Ok.  I guess this would mean taking the existing files like
> gtk-x11-2.0.c and adding code, compiling and installing them.

Poking at this, it immediately raises the "how do we load the compiled
gtk-x11-2.0.c" question -

a) we could have a 2-instead-of-N solution with shared-library= and
extra-library=

b) we could somehow store N shared libraries in the header (it looks
like this means adding a "libraries blob"?)

c) we could require the extra library to have a name based on the
namespace name or shared-library name, and use convention instead of a
typelib field

If there's no use for multiple libraries other than this
custom-function-patchups stuff, I would lean toward a) or c) I think.

Havoc