Re: custom functions in introspection typelibs

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:

> Poking at this, it immediately raises the "how do we load the compiled
> gtk-x11-2.0.c" question -
>
> a) we could have a 2-instead-of-N solution with shared-library= and
> extra-library=
>
> b) we could somehow store N shared libraries in the header (it looks
> like this means adding a "libraries blob"?)
>
> c) we could require the extra library to have a name based on the
> namespace name or shared-library name, and use convention instead of a
> typelib field
>
> If there's no use for multiple libraries other than this
> custom-function-patchups stuff, I would lean toward a) or c) I think.

Probably the easiest thing is to "serialize" the list into a string;
adding blobs is hugely painful.  That's what I did with the
dependencies (separating them with ','), for filenames perhaps we
could use ',' would also almost certainly be fine in practice, or
maybe "//".