Re: Proposal: Enable threads by default

2009/12/2 Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>:
> I'm certainly for this. Does anyone know of any system in use where
> gthreads are not availible?

One problem I've had in the past is writing mysql plugins.

I help maintain an image processing library, and one use of the
library was a mysql plugin that added query-by-image-content. To get
the plugin working we had to make sure we could run threadless.

I've not actually checked for years, perhaps mysql allows plugins to
link to more stuff now.

John