TreeView: set_fixed_height_mode v TREE_VIEW_COLUMN_FIXED

Hi,
  I'm getting confused by TreeView - in particular why does
set_fixed_height_mode require TREE_VIEW_COLUMN_FIXED?

COLUMN_FIXED seems to be defined as 'Columns are a fixed numbers of pixels wide.'
but what has that got to do with height?

In this case there is a big treeview with a thousand rows or so,
all the same height but where the width of at least one of the columns
varies - this doesn't sound an uncommon situation, but is causing
call backs for ~5000 data functions for every cell in the tree
on every redraw.

Dave
(I was just trying to understand this Exaile bug:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/exaile/+bug/435338 )

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /