Re: GLib plans for the next cycle

2009/3/2 Mark Doffman <mark doffman codethink co uk>
<SNIP>

Methods are declared by:

method methodName {
       enumName anenum;
} reply {
       structName astruct;
} throws (ErrorOne, ErrorTwo);

If you are so keen on clearing out that this is not really a 'method' then why is it declared as such? Why not call it 'message'?

Both the throws and reply clauses are optional, but if a method does not
have a reply it should not have a throws clause.

Is this a limitation of DBus or you spec or the IDL? It seems odd that methodTakingEnum(in i myEnum) can not return a DBus error if myEnum is out of range...

And also; can we not call it something other than didl? It is impossible to google as there are already tonnes of didls - not to mention the infamous Diddl mouse that Google is pretty convinced that I am really wanting to search for (which may or may not be correct, but please don't go there)  :-)

Anyways I am really glad that someone is looking into this, but I also hope that we end up with only one IDL and not N > 1.

--
Cheers,
Mikkel