Re: GLib plans for the next cycle

Hello all,

There were some glaring errors in the example IDL I provided.

> On to the syntax:
>
> My idea for the IDL syntax is to remain close to the 'C' family of
> languages, and is most places to C#.
>
> Elements can be namespaced using:
>
> namespace {
>
> }

Should be:

namespace org.freedesktop {

}

> But this should not necessarily translate into a D-Bus interface.
>
> Interfaces are created by:
>
> interface {
>
> }

Should be:

interface atspi2 {

}

Also I left out the possibility of properties. Properites do not really
fit with my idea for this IDL. They are too high-level. But as they are
included in Qt, Telepathy and EggDBus they have to exist.

readable writable property PropName {
	AStruct one;
	uint32 two;
}

readable writable are optional. Default is to both.

Properties are difficult because the method of transport for the
properties is unknown. (Telepathy uses a different properties interface
I believe) The default should be org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties but
perhaps there needs to be an extension to specify the underlying interface.

Thanks

Mark