cross-compiling gobject-introspection

Hi everybody!

I'm one of the guys that want to bring Gentoo to the OpenMoko phone. I'm
responsible for most of the gui-related stuff and lately almost all projects
seem to move away from whatever they where using before (python, c,...) and
start to use vala in conjunction with gobject-introspection. As vala is already
working the thing missing is gobject-introspection. After a few days of
trial-and-error i finally was able to create gir-files on the build-host. The
problem is that the gir-files generated by the the scanner seem to miss some
things and thus build fails later during the compilation of the typefiles.
Here's the output why it failed:

** WARNING **: Entry 'GStaticMutex' not found
aborting...
make[2]: *** [GLib-2.0.typelib] Aborted

When grepping for GStaticMutex in the generated GLib-2.0.gir it really looks
like that the definition for GStaticMutex-type is missing:

grep GStaticMutex gir/GLib-2.0.gir
          <type name="GStaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex*"/>
          <type name="GStaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex*"/>
        <type name="GStaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex"/>
        <type name="GStaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex"/>

When i do the same with the locally installed gir-file for glib i get the this:

grep GStaticMutex /usr/share/gir-1.0/GLib-2.0.gir
    <record name="StaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex">
          <type name="StaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex*"/>
          <type name="StaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex*"/>
        <type name="StaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex"/>
        <type name="StaticMutex" c:type="GStaticMutex"/>

As I'm out of ideas now, i wanted to know if anybody has an idea what's wrong or
better yet: has anybody successfully cross-compiled gobject-introspection?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph