Re: GTK+ print preview

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 15:06 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:

> I've realized that print preview doesn't work as I thought, and I'm bit
> confused. An application open the print dialog by using
> GtkPrintOperation, then the user clicks on preview and a pdf file is
> generated to be used by a previewer. Such a file is passed to evince
> together with the print settings needed to print the file. The print
> dialog is closed, so we need to be able to print the document from the
> previewer.

I don't understand why the previewer should be used to print the
document. You may be right that this is what the authors of the GTK+
print dialog intended, but it is certainly an odd concept. I find it
very confusing that the Print dialog closes when I hit the Preview
button. Wouldn't it be better if it stayed open so that I can make
adjustments if the preview turns out wrong and hit the Print button when
I am satisfied with the preview?

Sven