Re: filesystemmodel branch - initial testing

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Xan Lopez <xan gnome org> wrote:

> From that I take that the plan is to release this in 2.18.2? Wouldn't
> it be a much better idea to only go for it in the unstable 2.19.x
> series? At least this is not the kind of change I'd expect to receive
> in a minor incremental bugfix release of the stable series.

If the improvements are as impressive as Federico makes them sound,
then I think getting them into 2.18 (and thus out to users) would be a
nice thing, imo.

Of course, there is some risk, so we need to test and review
carefully. But Federico is doing that, and I'll look over the patch
myself, too.