Re: Thumbnailing service project; opinions, suggestions?

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 14:33 +0200, Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 21:35 +0200, Mark wrote:

> >> For Jannis and Philip,
> >> Nice tumbler talk but could you two make suggestions for my project? ^_^

> > As I already wrote:
> >
> > A PDF thumbnailer that implements the 'specialized thumbnailer' spec
> > that doesn't need to link with gdkpixbuf.

[CUT]

Please reply inline and cut away non-relevant things.

> I do miss some vital parts:
> - Designing the daemon and plugin architecture
> - Making those 2
>
> That's what i see missing now but i probably missed a few other parts.

If you want to make a functional analysis of Tumbler, then go ahead. If
you want to draw cute UML diagrams with the classes and interfaces being
used, yeah sure. Sounds like useful documentation that doesn't exist atm

What does "Making those 2" mean? You still have to make the specialized
PDF thumbnailer. You can reuse the maemo-video-thumbnailer for getting a
quick skeleton of the code. But if you prefer making an all new one in
C++ or whatever ... yeah sure.

I think you are just looking for a reason to make your own one. That's
you decision of course. It's called NIH, but anyway (I can't and wont
stop you from doing that).

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog