Re: Thumbnailing service project; opinions, suggestions?

>> I do miss some vital parts:
>> - Designing the daemon and plugin architecture
>> - Making those 2
>>
>> That's what i see missing now but i probably missed a few other parts.
>

> If you want to make a functional analysis of Tumbler, then go ahead. If
> you want to draw cute UML diagrams with the classes and interfaces being
> used, yeah sure. Sounds like useful documentation that doesn't exist atm
>
> What does "Making those 2" mean? You still have to make the specialized
> PDF thumbnailer. You can reuse the maemo-video-thumbnailer for getting a
> quick skeleton of the code. But if you prefer making an all new one in
> C++ or whatever ... yeah sure.

1. designing a daemon
2. designing a plugin architecture
3. making the daemon
4. making the plugin architecture
.... like that
> I think you are just looking for a reason to make your own one. That's
> you decision of course. It's called NIH, but anyway (I can't and wont
> stop you from doing that).

you just don't seem to get the point.
I need to build something from the ground up (making uml, class
diagrams and such).. and based on that i need to make the actual
program.
Tumbler is existing already! i would be making those diagrams based on
the current inner working which is not the way to go.

Oke, i know that for each project i start outside of school i don't
make a design at all or a very simple one and in that case i could
perfectly help tumbler.
That, sadly, isn't the case (which i told you already on irc)

Just for that reason alone tumbler isn't a fine project for me to join
in this case.
Also i would like to learn as much as possible and that is less likely
to happen if i join tumbler.

I am not looking for reasons to make it all myself.. the requirements
simple.. require that.

Now can we please quit bashing the idea that there will be 2
thumbnailing services in a few months time and can i get some
constructive feedback about the ideas in my first post?
Can i get the:
- Git
- gnome sub domain
- blog for this project on planet gnome and/or gtk

As said a few times. the outline is right there (in the first post)
now all i can do is steer some more in one direction or the other. I
personally would like to steer in the optimizing direction...