Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2009-10-20

Hi!,

Thanks a lot for the minutes Emmanuele, I absent-mindlessly missed the
meeting...

On mié, 2009-10-21 at 00:29 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> = minutes for the 2009-10-20 meeting =
>
> 1. schedule post 2.20 [bratsche]
>  - aim for 3.0 after 2.20
>  - list of things to deprecate, including signals and properties
>  - figure out a diagnostic mode
>  [discussion degenerates into pet features]
>  - cross all items from the 3.0 readiness wiki page
> ACTION: decide along with the GNOME 3.0 schedule
>
> 2. Git repository surgery [jjardon]
>  - removal of the gtk-2.16 branch
>  - rename of the gtk-2.90 branch to gtk-2-90
> ACTION: desrt to operate
>
> 3. state of development branches for 2.20/2.90
>  - see point 1, re: massive mess of suggestions
>  - xi2 requires testing with complex applications before review

I've been already testing with gimp, inkscape and xournal, although
latest weeks I was unable to fully test things due to having my tablet
broken.

Besides that, what would be the proposed schedule to merge this? As I
wrote in l.g.o [1], some non-pure GTK+ apps are affected by not getting
core events anymore (emacs-gtk, metacity), so if we're planning to merge
in 2.x, there should be a switch to enable xi2 prior to
gdk_display_open(). For 2.90/3.x, I'd just enforce app developers to do
the right thing, and not messing GdkWindows with XEvents.

Cheers,
  Carlos

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/MPX