Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2009-10-20

Am Wed, 21 Oct 2009 00:55:43 +0100
schrieb Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org>:

> 2009/10/21 Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>:
> > = minutes for the 2009-10-20 meeting =
> >
> > 1. schedule post 2.20 [bratsche]
> >  - aim for 3.0 after 2.20
> >  - list of things to deprecate, including signals and properties
> >  - figure out a diagnostic mode
> >  [discussion degenerates into pet features]
> >  - cross all items from the 3.0 readiness wiki page
> > ACTION: decide along with the GNOME 3.0 schedule
>
> First, thanks a lot ebassi for putting the minutes together and sorry
> for not attending, the meeting clashed with some stuff I couldn't
> quit, glad you're doing another meeting next week!
>
> Regarding the list of things to deprecate, I'm wondering, if we
> deprecate stuff post 2.20, does that mean that we're going to carry
> with those deprecated symbols during the 3.0 cycle? My guess is that
> anything that should be deprecated have to be deprecated for 2.20, so
> that we can remove it? Or maybe I'm missing something here, please
> clarify :-)

Yes, we need to deprecate in time for 2.20 if we want to remove
symbols, anything that comes later will survive 2.90. So if you can
think of specialized or rarely used API, please add it to the agenda
and/ or file a bug report.

ciao,
    Christian