Re: Intricate changes to Quartz/OSX backend

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Over the weekend I have reworked how the Quartz backend does its
>> coordinate transformation.  You can imagine this is at the very core
>> of the backend and thus a very intricate change set.  I have just
>> pushed these changes to git master.  This is a call out to all GTK+ users
>> on Quartz to please report any issues they find so we can iron out
>> any regressions quickly.
>>
>> These changes were needed to properly implement multi monitor support
>> in the Quartz backend.  The code implementing this support has also
>> been pushed to git master.  This includes support for emitting the
>> ::size-changed and ::monitors-changed GdkScreen signals when appropriate.
>> I have tested this with a myriad of dual monitor setups on my Tiger
>> laptop,
>> I will give it some testing on my Snow Leopard machine later this week.
>> Again, testing is appreciated and if you find issues, please let me know.
>
> I'll pull & build for SL this morning. What particular dual-monitor behavior
> should I look for?

I'm starting a build with moduleset-unstable. I've run into a fairly
problem  at the meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap stage:

*** Checking out docbook-setup *** [2/13]
jhbuild build: failed to unpack /Users/paul/gtk/source/pkgs/DB_1

there is nothing wrong with the downloaded tarball - i can unpack it
manually into ~/gtk/source without any issues. but jhbuild refuses to
believe it can do this. anybody got any clues? or hints on how to get
more info?