Re: Intricate changes to Quartz/OSX backend

On Oct 26, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Kristian Rietveld wrote:

On Oct 26, 2009, at 4:50 PM, John Ralls wrote:
On Oct 26, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Kristian Rietveld wrote:

On Oct 26, 2009, at 3:03 PM, John Ralls wrote:
I'll pull & build for SL this morning. What particular dual- monitor behavior should I look for?

I have verified that it builds fine on SL. Things that might be broken are event delivery on the secondary monitor (or on the main monitor if the menubar is on the secondary), broken menus, broken window placement, etc. If you find no regressions, then awesome :)

What do you mean by "event delivery"? That mouse-clicks in a window on the secondary monitor don't do anything?

Yes for example.  As well as missing motion and crossing events.

OK. I ran through several of the tests in gtk-demo. I found a crasher, but it's not a regression. (Both of the "Off-screen Window" demos crash on launch, in the same place; backtrace is below. I haven't yet figured out what's going on with it.)

So the only difference in behavior that I see is that the windows open on the secondary screen instead of the primary one. Dragging them around works either way.

Regards,
John Ralls

(gdb) bt
#0  0x9706691b in objc_msgSend ()