Re: Extended Layout incubator branch.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
>

>> This will be because GtkFrame still does a classic size request,
>> in this case its getting the minimum height for the minimum width
>> of the text and using that as a size request.
>>
>> Since the underlined label below constrains the window size to something bigger,
>> the lines dont wrap up so small and leave an upper/lower border.
>>
>> The real fix for that would be to implement extended layout on GtkFrame
>> as if it were an hbox with 2 children. It needs to:
>>  - collectively report h4w/w4h of its children
>>  - report the collective desired width/height + frame padding
>>  - do a GtkHBox like allocation to get the right height4width of
>>    the label and content widget respectively.
>
> I have a patch that replaces size_request in GtkFrame by
> get_desired_width/height, and that seems to indeed fix the testgtk
> problem.
>
> But now I notice another issue with frames that seems to only show in testframe:
> the label of the frame appears on the right instead of the left for an
> xalign of 0.0.
> The effect is as if the frame interpreted xalign as 1-xalign.
> Curiously, testframe is the only example involving frames where I have
> seen this so far.

I tried reproducing that, before and after applying your recent patches
and it doesn't happen here.

Not sure whats happening there, the frame aligns the label with the allocation
of the child widget (iirc from looking at that earlier today), the allocation
of the child should still be valid come time to align the frame's label.

Cheers,
     -Tristan