Re: Lots of libraries ...

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 12:28 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Could we -statically- link libgthread + libgmodule into libglib and
> libgdk + libgdk-pixbuf into libgtk libraries respectively[4]

ugh. that would make Clutter depend on libgtk.

bad, very bad.

I'd rather have libgdk-pixbuf be definitely split out from GTK+ (and
fixed with the API breaking fury of an angry god of old while we're at
it) instead - which would collide with the whole idea of having fewer
libraries but at least would make it possible to have parallel graphical
libraries not depend on (and page in) GTK+ itself.

> PS. is it only my libunique that links a handful of X extensions it is
> unlikely to need ?

libunique uses GDK - plus some Xlibs API to gather a fallback timestamp.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name