Re: Minutes of the gtk+ team IRC meeting - 2010-05-25

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 11:37 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 12:08 +0200, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
>
> > > - GtkRuler (used by dia, claws, possibly xsane; gimp has a fork)
> >
> > Is this really only used by dia and claws, or also some more applications?  In contrast to GtkHSV, GtkGamma, etc., I can actually imagine that GtkRuler has some proper use cases in a variety of applications ;)
>
> dia and claws were the ones that quickly turned out in the meeting;
> there may be probably more.
>
> > > - GtkTearoffMenuItem (used by a vocal minority, complicates GtkMenu code)
> >
> > I have mixed feelings on this one, and I think it is important to
> make an informed decision on this and not to rush it, because when it
> has been removed, it is really gone.
>
> well, since I am the proposer of the removal:
<snip>

Wouldn't that be solved by implementing tear-off menus in something like
the global menu stuff that Cody is working on?

You could even start using the NeXTStep like menus from WindowMaker to
implement that in a nicer way than what GtkTearOffMenu allowed.