Re: Minutes of the gtk+ team IRC meeting - 2010-05-25

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 12:08 +0200, Kristian Rietveld wrote:

> > - GtkRuler (used by dia, claws, possibly xsane; gimp has a fork)
>
> Is this really only used by dia and claws, or also some more applications?  In contrast to GtkHSV, GtkGamma, etc., I can actually imagine that GtkRuler has some proper use cases in a variety of applications ;)

dia and claws were the ones that quickly turned out in the meeting;
there may be probably more.

ardour uses a modified version (GtkCustomRuler along with its H&V derivatives) in ardour, because the stock ruler is not  flexible enough for our needs. the primary difference (IIRC) is the use of a callback design to determine where tick marks should be displayed and the labels to go with them.