Re: Bug in get_preferred_height_for_width() [was Re: Minimum height for minimum width]

In sounds like in short the for_size somehow needs to be adjusted
(strip out the pixels that adjust_size_request added). (If I'm
understanding properly.) Of course that's what adjust_size_allocation
does, except it's both dimensions. for_size is after all the proposed
allocation size in one dimension.

Maybe just change adjust_size_allocation to take a GtkOrientation and
return a single integer (could have a convenience function to do the
current full GtkAllocation adjust). Then use that to clean up for_size
when it comes in to compute_size_for_orientation() in
gtksizerequest.c. Or I think for now it'd also work to make a
GtkAllocation allocation = { MAXINT, for_height } and adjust that,
seems less hacky to change adjust_size_allocation to be able to do
just one dimension.

I don't think a solution that looks at xalign specifically is needed,
so we can keep the abstraction barrier. The generic mechanism just
needs to be smart enough to know that the for_size is a proposed
(adjusted up) allocation and thus has to be unadjusted before
computing the unadjusted request.

Havoc