Re: events for no-window widgets

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> i think you might want to consider MAP and UNMAP

I was thinking the vfuncs (already called on no-window) and map/unmap
signals would be fine. i.e. I agree map is interesting for no-window,
but I don't think ::map-event adds anything over just ::map, does it?

> (and possibly
> VISIBILITY_NOTIFY too) as being in section A2. i know that as they
> stand, these refer to GdkWindows, but by implication they also apply
> to widgets within the window.

Some kind of "are we covered up and do we need to paint" flag could be
interesting

> in addition, is it really true that drag events are of interest only
> in the context of GdkWindow or GdkDisplay?

It looks to me like drag events are all handled globally in gtkmain.c,
gtkdnd.c and end up converted to signals on GtkWidget (events are not
sent to GtkWidget right now). I didn't look super closely though.

Havoc