Re: Glib: a Win32 discussion

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 10:29:39 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> So you're suggesting making them private to the app?  It's not clear
> to me because I don't know the semantics of %ProgramData%.

%ProgramData% can be most easily described as a mix between /etc and
/usr/share - system-wide configuration and any kind of data that doesn't
fit in the program directory should go there. Also, ProgramData is local to
the machine - it doesn't roam, and normally isn't shared (and unless the
installer changes permissions, it isn't writable by normal users).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >