Re: www.gtk.org now updated but no news!

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com> wrote:
On 07/06/11 16:02, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On 2011-06-07 at 14:48, Martyn Russell wrote:
Ideally, we would upgrade the server's php version to 5.2 and enable
the json apache module if possible.

Ideally, shouldn't we move gtk.org under the Gnome infrastructure
instead? at least it would be under the scope of the Gnome sysadmin team
and we wouldn't need to keep two infrastructures in sync.

we should probably have both gtk.org and gtk.gnome.org as well.

I would like that too, but in retrospect, I found out that Tim Janik (ironically) has root access to the machine too - so it's less of an issue now.

A few people have root, with the intent that if I become unreachable, there are others that can help out.  (For example, if I go on vacation, which is where I was the past few days...)

I have no idea what's required to make this happen, I suspect moving dns entries and creating a project in the gnomeweb-wml git repo?

Moving gtk.org would also require moving gimp.org and maintaining that as well.  It would involve not only the website but also FTP, mail, DNS, etc.  It is a package deal.  And I'd probably have to keep root access in the process... would the GNOME sysadmin team want another sysadmin?

Does anyone have information about the political reasons as to why it was never moved before? I am missing the history on that.

We should probably only talk about 10+ year old history like that over beer.  :)  It's a different mix of people now, so I'm sure we can create our own political problems if we need to. :)

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson