Re: GTK+ 3, Win32 and GtkApplication (DBus woes)

There is no separate devel list for glib or gio, it all happens here.
Thanks for the info. I have some ideas I need to mull around for a bit
that I'll post about in the near future.

For the GtkApplication part I just think someone will have to spend some
time on the GtkApplication code making sure it has a win32 specific
backend. Its a bit unfortunate that it landed before that was available,
but thats is often how things work in Gtk+ due to the severe lack of
manpower on the win32 side.

You can add me to that short list. I have 25+ years UNIX development
experience and I'm intimately familiar with the entire GNU toolchain
and all the autoconf nonsense, and I'm fairly adept at win32 as well
so it puts me in a good position to help. I tend to avoid contributing
to [L]GPL projects as much as possible but I do make exceptions and I am
happy to make one in this case, if for no other reason than that I have
a vested interest in seeing things work (which, after cold hard cash,
is one of the best motivators :)). That and the fact that GTK+ is really
very cool and fun and well written.

Kean