Re: regarding GIO

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 10:27 -0400, Daniel Hernandez Bahr wrote:

> The thing is the GCancellable objects provide, as I am aware of, only
> the 'cancel' feature for async operations, would it be too hurtful to
> implement a GControllable class providing features such as
> 'pause'/'resume' as well as 'cancel' and maybe some other I fail to
> recall right now??

GIO is slightly lower-level than that.  It just provides an abstraction
for asynchronous I/O operations with cancellation.

If you want to pause/resume transfers, you'll have to implement them
yourself on top of that - you probably cannot use the predefined
g_file_copy_async() and friends, but rather you'll have to do your own
versions.

  Federico